Session Currently in Progress.
Be on the lookout for information on the next session.
LIVESTRONG at the YMCA
LIVESTRONG at the YMCA is a Cancer Support Group and Wellness program for those who are or were formerly fighting cancer and their supporters.
- Ys have the right stuff to support people in the day-to-day work of preventing or managing chronic diseases.
- The combination of local presence backed up by a national network makes the Y unique, credible, and powerful. We have a lot to give!
How Does the Program Work?
LIVESTRONG at the YMCA focuses on you—the whole person—not the disease. This 12-week program meets twice a week for 90 minutes and uses traditional exercise methods to ease you back into fitness and help you maintain a healthy weight. You’ll focus on:
• building muscle mass and strength
• increasing flexibility and endurance
• improving confidence and self-esteem
For more information or to be added to the program wait list, please contact Scott Hunter, Health Enhancement Director, at 712-336-9622 or firstname.lastname@example.org.